Thursday, December 4, 2008

To The Honorable Ander Crenshaw,

I wanted to write in reference to the proposed bailout of the "Big Three" automakers that has been in the news. As one of your constituents, I wanted to voice my opposition to this bailout. Florida taxpayers have enough to worry about just trying to make ends meet; they can't afford to support the short-sightedness of the auto executives and leaders of the auto workers' unions. If anyone deserves a bailout, it is the taxpayers, who spend one-quarter of the year working just to pay their taxes.

I don't know all of the details of the proposal, though I am encouraged by the news that congress is thus far frowning upon the groveling auto execs. Please continue this cynicism of their motives and methods, as you continue to cogitate the issue with your fellow Representatives.

As a Sailor, I also must thank your for all the support for the military you've provided to the Navy families in Jacksonville over the years. I believe strongly in the values upon which this country was founded--that's why I've dedicated my life to serving it. One of those values is responsibility. If Congress won't hold these automakers accountable, who will? I trust you'll do the right thing.

Thank you for your time.

Respectfully,
Christopher Moore
ENS, USN


I sent a similar letter to Senator Bill Nelson. Let's see what they say.

No comments: